What is Basti ?
Enema of medicated oil or Decoration is given through Rectum. Vitiated “Vata” can create various health problems. Basti releases obstructions in the way of Vata dosha and thus regulates the normal phenomenon of “Vata”. Different types of medicated Oils, Ghruta, milk or decorations are used for Basti treatment. It can state miracles if administered in a proper way with appropriate medicines. Basti procedure eliminates the doshas from rectum. It balances the “Vata” Dosha. Apana Vayu is the type of “Vata Dosha”, which controls on the Shukra Dhatu (Semen) in males & Aartava (Ovum) in females. “Apan Vayu” controls the reproductive system. The procedure “Basti” regulates Apan Vayu which improves quality of Semen & Ovum.In females oil Basti of “Sahachar Tail” improves quality of ovulation within normal days. In males the Basti procedure improves quality & quantity of Semen i.e. it improves total sperm count and motility of Semen.
Benefits of Basti :
- Female Infertility : Irregular Menses, Dysmenorrhea, P.C.O.D. Fallopian Tubal Block.
- Male Infertility : Erectile Dysfunction, Libido, Decreased Motility etc.
- Chronic constipation, Irregular Bowel Habits.
- Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Paralysis, Joint Pains, Tingling and numbness.
- Spondylosis, Spondylitis, Slip disc etc.
- Purpose of weight gain or loss, kidney stone, Epilepsy.
- Secretions in the colon are promoted by Basti Karma, there by insuring a good health. It increases colonic Peristalsis, producing rapid elimination of the stool.